MEADOWLARK WOMEN’S GOLF CLUB
General Meeting Minutes April 4, 2018
The meeting was called to order by the President, Bonnie Roohk at 1:30 pm with 21 members present.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: The minutes of the March Meeting have been posted on the
Bulletin Board and Website and were approved by acclamation.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Mary Eggert (absent):
Bonnie delivered Mary’s report of cash on hand.
WEEKLY TOURNAMENT: Yvonne Rochester:
• Bonnie gave Yvonne’s report in her absence: The 1st Quarter Ringer Winners were:
• Flight A: Gross – Peggy Bachlor – 67 Net: Barbara Negrete – 53
• Flight B: Gross – TIE - Sheila Blyth and Barbara Rechlin – 75 Net: Donna Ray- 51.
• Flight C: Gross – Sally Jacobs – 85 Net: Penny Brear - 49
MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: - Sheila Blyth:
• Results for the March Leprechaun Shenanigans Tournament:
• Gross Winners – 161 – Jackie Minnis, Peggy Bachlor, Donna DeWit and Joyce Nagatani
• Net Winners – 117 – Ann Williams, Mary Eggert, Jo Quinn, and Carol Smith.
• April 18th will be the April “Partner Bunny Hop”Tournament
HANDICAP/PUB-LINKS: - Barbara Rechlin:
• Courses available for the May Association Play Day:
Avila Beach $45w/cart
Los Amigos $46w/cart - $33 walk
Tierra Rejada (Moorpark) $49w/cart - 8am shotgun
GC of CA at Fallbrook $50w/cart – 8:30shotgun
( Entries postmarked between April 16th and 19th)
• Starting in May, there are many SCGA events planned. Let Barbara Rechlin know if you sign up for one of them. See the SCGA website under OneDay Series Competion
• Penny Brear is again the Most Improved Golfer for March. She dropped from a 35.9 to a 31.2
• The Meadowlark winners from the March Play Day at Arroyo Trabuco are:
Peggy Bachlor, Donna DeWit, Sandy Osterhout, Sandi Davis, Yvonne Rochester Kathy O’Steen , Su Chung, Myrna Haskins, Penny Brear, and Debbie Potter
Bonnie Roohk passed out ballots for the membership to vote on a change in the Monthly Low Net Award that was proposed at the last meeting. The Membership voted that the player coming in SECOND would get the award if the player that had come in FIRST had won previously.
NEW BUSINESS: Bonnie reminded the membership to go to the USGA.COM website to see what Rules will be changed in 2019.
• Peggy Bachlor showed a flyer announcing the Meadowlark Member/Guest Tournament coming up in August and golfers can get their teams together and sign up starting in June. Your copy of the tournament and entry form will come on the computer and members can make copies for their friends.
RULES: Bonnie reminded the group that if any part of the ball is in bounds, the ball is IN BOUNDS. The line itself is out of bounds so a ball completely on the line is out of bounds.
• TEAM: Joyce Nagatani announced that the Pub-Links team has played all their matches and have done well but we won’t know if we won until other teams have finished their matches. Bonnie reported that our SCGA team is doing well also!
SOCIAL: Barbara Negrete: Only 2 birthday gals were present and Barbara Negrete won the Free Round of Golf.
RAFFLE: Sarah Nardacci
The 50/50 raffle winners were Donna Ray, Marti Slates, and Carol Kofahl.
ADJOURNMENT: 2:15 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Jane Ryan, Secretary