MEADOWLARK WOMEN’S GOLF CLUB
General Meeting Minutes January 3, 2018
The meeting was called to order by the President, Bonnie Roohk, at 1:00 pm with 23 members present.
NEWS OF MEMBERS: Bonnie told the membership that she will be operated on for a melanoma on the top of her head in about 2 weeks. Also, she’ll have her knee replaced in February.
Debbie Stroman – from The Breast Cancer Angels – will be our guest today and tell us about their activities. The membership agreed by consensus to turn our February Monthly Tournament into a charity event to support this Organization.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: The minutes of the December Meeting have been posted on the bulletin board and website and were approved by acclamation.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Mary Eggert”
• Mary reported cash on hand.
WEEKLY TOURNAMENT: Yvonne Rochester:
• Yvonne went over the weekly tournament procedures and an explanation on how the Ringer is compiled every three months.
MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: Sheila Blyth:
• In Sheila’s absence, Yvonne reported for her. The 2017 Low net Tournament will be January 17th.
• At the same time, those not entered in the Low Net Tournament, will be playing a fun low net tournament.
• February 14th will be the Charity Breast Cancer Tournament Golfers are asked to donate $20.00 in addition to their normal entry fees for charity. Members are encouraged to invite non-member friends to participate in this event.
HANDICAP-PUB LINKS: Barbara Rechlin:
• No Association Play-day in January
• The February Association Play-day is February 8th The courses available are:
BLACKLAKE - LOS ROBLES GREENS
Mile Square $52 w/cart – 8am tee times
Brookside $32 w/cart – 8am tee times
Legends @ Temeku Hills $45 w/cart – 8am shotgun
• The entry form on page 115 & 116 in the 20-17 Handbook is incorrect.
• Mail your entry to Susan Jett; 1726 Missouri St.; Costa Mesa, 92626.
• Barb has the corrected forms for those who want a copy
The Meadowlark winners of the December Association Play-day are:
Ann Williams, Mary Eggert, Peggy Bachlor, Bonnie Roohk, Jackie Minnis
Barbara Negrete, Barbara Rechlin, Donna DeWit, Sandy Osterhout, Ruth Randle
Yvonne Rochester, Sandy Davis, Kathy O’Steen, Debbie Potter, Penny Brear
• A special tournament, conducted by WPLGA on February 26th at Rio Hondo, is posted on the Bulletin Board. Entry fee is $103 which includes green fees, carts, awards luncheon. Entries must be in between January 22 and January 28th. Barbara has entry forms.
• Meadowlark’s membership into SCGA is currently being processed.
OLD BUSINESS: None
Guest, Debbie Stroman from Breast Cancer Angels, told the membership about the organization that we are going to support with a special tournament in February.
SOCIAL: Barbara Negrete:
• Barbara asked the group if they wanted to do 4 Rodrigo’s fundraisers this year.
The group voted to support them.
• Barbara conducted the birthday drawing – Barbara McIntosh won the round of golf
ADJOURNMENT: 2:30 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Jane Ryan, Secretary