MEADOWLARK WOMEN’S GOLF CLUB
General Meeting Minutes June 7, 2017
The meeting was called to order by the President, Bonnie Roohk at 1:45 pm with 21 members present.
MEMBER NEWS: Cindy Fellows’ father passed away and Audrey Radle has had a small stroke and won’t be playing golf with us for awhile. The Secretary has sent cards to both families, but our golfers would love to get personal e-mails and cards from the membership.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Jane Ryan: The minutes of the May3rd meeting have been posted on the Bulletin Board and website and were approved by acclamation.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Joyce Nagatani:
• Joyce reported cash on hand as $3,633.09.
WEEKLY TOUNAMENT: Yvonne Rochester:
• Yvonne announced that Jackie Minnis and Sally Jacobs tied as April’s Low Net Winners with a 67. Yvonne didn’t have the cards to determine the May winner. (She later emailed the May winners as Sheila Blyth and Kathy O’Steen.)
MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: Sheila Blyth:
• Yvonne reported for Sheila Blyth that on Flag Day, Wednesday June 14th,, would be the Monthly Tournament. Yvonne then explained the game for that day.
• The May Tournament (Fiesta) winners were 1st Gross-Jackie Minnis and Marilyn Sandoval with an 82; 1st Net winners were Cindy Fellows and Kathy O’Steen with a 62. 2nd Gross winners were Ann Williams and Joyce Nagatani with an 84; and 2nd Net winners were Barbara Rechlin and Sally Jacobs with a 65.
HANDICAP-PUB LINKS: Barbara Rechlin:
• See Barbara if you are interested in the “Far Away” Pub-Links Tournament or the Lakewood Championship Tournament in July.
• Most Improved Golfer for May was Jackie Minnis. She dropped from 15.1 to a 13.5.
• Barbara reminded the golfers to post their scores!! If you have a problem, send an email to Barbara and she’ll post for you.
• Starting May 1st, USGA is asking all club members to update their profile. The icon on Mobile app will help you click on the banner and update your email address.. If your email is unique to only ONE golfer using the GHIN system, then no change is necessary. For example, husband and wife golfers MUST each have their own email address in their profile!
• Meadowlark winners from the May Association Play Day are:
Los Amigos – Jackie Minnis, Debbie Potter and Jo Quinn.
Meadowlark – Peggy Bachlor and Barbara Rechlin
• Starting next year, all clubs will pay a fee to SCGA to handle our handicaps, but Pub -Links will continue with the monthly Association Tournaments and possibly Team competition.
• Courses available for the July Association Play Day are:
Industry Hills/Babe $65w/cart – 8am shotgun
San Dimas $37 w/cart – 7am shotgun
Golf Club @Rancho CA $39 w/cart – 8am Shotgun
Crossings at Carlsbad $65 w/cart
San Juan Hills $45 w/cart
Navy Golf Course $65 w/carat
• The Women’s Pub-Links Golf Association:
The Board is looking for Nominations to the 2018 Board of Directors. If anyone is interested, see Barbara for the Recommendation Form.
OLD BUSINESS: Save the date - Peggy Bachlor is proceeding with plans for our Member/Guest Day on August 23rd! Get your guests and foursome together! Download the flyers and make copies for you friends.
NEW BUSINESS: Mary Eggert is planning a fun mid-week Tournament at Temecula Creek Inn for our “Tee For Two” Away Tournament October 22, 23, 24.
• Carol Kofahl has forms for her Yacht Club’s Regatta and Golf Tournament in September at Little Rec golf course.
RULES: Bonnie talked about playing on an aerated course: a player may mark, lift, and clean the ball. On the green, place it and on the fairway drop it at the nearest point, no nearer the hole.
SOCIAL: Barbara Negrete and Debbie Potter:
• Barbara announced that Ellen Goodwin was the only June birthday gal present so she wins the Free Round of golf.
• Joyce Nagatani announced that the Club made $62.05 at the Rodrigo’s Fundraiser in May.
RAFFLE: Sarah Naradacci conducted the 50/50 raffle. Winners were Penny Braer, Joyce Nagatani, Carol Kofahl, and Barbara Negrete.
Jane Ryan, Secretary