MEADOWLARK WOMEN’S GOLF CLUB
General Meeting Minutes August 2, 2017
The meeting was called to order by the President, Bonnie Roohk, at 1:40 pm with 21 members present.
NEWS OF MEMBERS: Four members are under the weather and would appreciate cards and emails: Audrey Radle – recovering from a small stroke; Kathy O’Steen -nursing an injured knee; and Carol Kofahl, whose mother became seriously ill, had to withdraw from the Club Championship to care for her. At the meeting, members signed a “get well” card for Yen Otsubo, who is battling cancer.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Jane Ryan: The minutes of the July 5th meeting have been posted on the bulletin board and website and were approved by acclamation.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Joyce Nagatani:
Joyce reported cash on hand
WEEKLY TOUNAMENT: Yvonne Rochester:
There were quite a few golfers vying for July’s Low Net Golfer.
Yvonne finally came up with a winner - Dorothy De Mutis - with a 68!
MONTHLY TOURNAMENT: Sheila Blyth:
• The Club Championship is the July Monthly Tournament. Shelia announced the “End of Sizzling Summer Tournament” for the month of September. The date is Sept. 13th.
HANDICAP-PUB LINKS: Barbara Rechlin:
• Courses available for the September Association Play Day are:
Rancho Maria - Sterling Hills - Birch Hills - Sierra Lakes - Westlake Village
La Mirada - $42/w/cart - Rec Park - $48 w/cart - San Clemente - $51 w/cart
• Meadowlark winners from the June Association Play Day
INDUSTRY HILLS NAVY SAN JUAN HILLS
Jackie Minnis Sheila Blyth Peggy Bachlor
Penny Braer Michele Hardy Bonnie Roohk
Debbie Potter Donna DeWit
• Barbara has posted a notice about the SENIOR TOURNAMENT at Sierra Lakes Golf Club on Sept 25th. Entry fee is $103 and entries open Aug 14th and close Aug. 18th.
• Many Meadowlark golfers played in the Lakewood Women’s Golf Tournament on July 20th; but there was only one winner – Congratulations to Joyce Nagatani who placed 1st in her flight!
Joyce was also the Most Improved Golfer for July! She dropped from 24.6 to 23.4!
• Carol Kofahl ran the golf tournament for the Alamitos Bay Yacht Club fundraiser and Ann Williams scored an EAGLE!
OLD BUSINESS: Peggy Bachlor reported on the plans and committees for the upcoming Member/Guest
Play Day on August 23rd. There are 84 golfers signed up to play
NEW BUSINESS: Bonnie presented a new version for our 2018 membership applications that will reflect the changes needed for Meadowlark to join the SCGA next year. The changes will also require a revision to the budget and plans for participation in Pub Links
SOCIAL: Barbara Negrete and Debbie Potter
• Debbie reminded us to participate in the August 17th Fundraiser at Rodrigo’s.
• Debi Rodden won the Birthday drawing. – a free round of golf.
RAFFLE: Sarah Nardacci conducted the 50/50 raffle. Winners were: Sally Jacobs, Debi Rodden, Yvonne Rochester, Bonnie Roohk, and Carol Smith.
Respectfully Submitted, Jane Ryan, Secretary